For many people, dogs play the social role of a best friend and show immense love to their owners in a constant process.
This relationship between humans and dogs can be historically traced back more than fifteen thousand years.
Thus, the relationship has a very strong root in the face of planet Earth. The kind of loyalty and companionship that dogs can provide to their owners can be rarely found with any other animals.
The fondness is always witnessed to be mutual between the owner and pet dogs, and sometimes they are just inseparable. Being far away from each other just for a few hours does cause them immense emotional pain, and they wait to be found again in each other’s company.
Everyone has special days in their life when they would definitely want their close ones to be around. For dog owners, it’s the same, and they want to share their special moments and experiences in life along with their favorite canine pals.
For people who love to go on an adventure, runs are often witnessed to take their best buddy along, and surprisingly, it’s a dog for many people.
For people who love the wild nature scenes and their experiences, exploring distant and isolated trails is much more common every weekend or holiday.
But if you prefer to have a thrilling ride through the wild trails of sandstone cliffs, forests, sand dunes, and even muddy river trails, then you might be an ATV rider already.
Even though all-terrain vehicles come under the category of ‘vehicles,’ they are absolutely unique in the riding experience. The design architecture and features along with which the modern ATV is built it’s dedicatedly made to provide the ultimate off-road experience.
But when you are going far into the trails and counties alone along with your ATV, there is a chance that you might feel a little lonely sometimes.
Taking your dog along can be a great option, making your ride more fun and exciting. The alternate option of always riding with a friend is not feasible for many reasons. The other person might be unable to match their time with you or might not even have an ATV.
The choices of trail can vary, and the stop points too. This is why taking your dog along will let you ride without any constraints. The dog would agree with your every decision and be glad to share the amazing adventure with you.
But the idea of taking your dog along in the ATV adventure is not meant to be implemented immediately. A lot of training and planning is required before you set off on a long journey towards the trails, away from all the clamor and close to nature.
Not all dogs will be extremely comfortable with riding in the ATV through difficult trail conditions and rough weather. There needs to be small trials and tests in which you can make your dog more habituated with the ATV and its experience.
Many ATV riders are still having doubts about whether taking the dog is actually possible or not. But practically, it’s much more possible if the correct format of trial phases and training is followed.
Training your Pal and Other Preparations
First, you need to make the dog feel comfortable in the ATV. So the task at hand is first to make your dog sit inside the ATV and stay along in the process.
Keep the ATV engine off while you cuddle with the dog on the ATV seat. Here, you will be able to catch the initial response of whether the dog is comfortable and treating the ATV like a regular car or not. After this, leave the ATV seat while making your dog stay.
Then you can try to shake the vehicle to create vibrations that would resemble the non-even roads on the trail rides.
If you ride a really high-powered engine ATV, then it would be quite large, and shaking won’t be an option. In this case, try to create a rough spot by using stones and brick fragments and then drive your ATV over it while being just near your house.
Try to read the dog’s response to this experience, and if the dog appears fine, then it’s time to escalate the training level.
The other task which needs to be accomplished is making the dog more used to the ATV engine noise and enjoying the thrill. Most riders feel scared that their dog might want to jump off the vehicle all of a sudden and injure themselves in the process.
To get a prime forecast of this, start driving at a very slow speed in your ATV with your dog.
If the dog jumps off many times, you might consider other options for taking your dog along. By other options, the factor which needs to be implemented is stopping the dog from jumping off. This can be very efficiently done by the use of modern Dog Carriers available.
But it might be very complicated for dog owners to find the right kind of Dog Carriers that would be the best for ATV Rides. Not all dog carriers at pet stores or online shops are built for ATV riding.
Thus, not choosing the ideal ones will make your dog feel uncomfortable and remove the “fun part” of ATV trail riding.
The Canine Carrier from Dusty Dawgs
The kind of strength and longevity that this Dog Carrier can provide is not found in any other Dog carrier in the global market.
The highly passionate team at Dusty Dawgs provides focus on every small detail and sufficient planning. The commitment to provide an excellent product has led to the production of the ‘Canine and Cargo’ dog carrier, created with extra attention to ATV carrying.
They have applied the feedback from previous customers and ATV riders to creating this feature-packed Dog Carrier.
This ATV dog carrier has also been tested several times before releasing into the market for purchase. The Dusty Dawgs team always strives to improve its products and use innovation with practical knowledge.
The sturdy ATV Dog Carrier from Dusty Dawgs has been made from high-quality aluminum and vinyl. The dog carrier weighs between 8 and 10 Lbs.
This dog carrier has very low shipping costs across the globe because it’s sold in the form of a kit with all the parts present that anyone can assemble very easily.
The other prime qualities of this ATV dog carrier from Dusty Dawgs are as follows:
- A Tailgate is present at the rear, which has a drop-down feature to lock the rear space. This lets you easily place the dog inside without any trouble.
- The Dusty Dawgs ATV dog carrier can be installed through a very basic process and, in the same way, can be removed from the ATV in a very short time.
- The latches on the tailgate are dished in such a manner that they won’t cause scratches or cut on clothes.
- A sturdy front gate is also present to let your dog enter more comfortably.
- Shock-absorbing rubber bumpers are present on both the gates in the carrier to eradicate annoying noise creation while riding your ATV.
- Customization options are available for this product, and you can put a highly comfortable padded-up backrest on the ATV dog carrier from Dusty Dawgs.
- The other customization options are a latching top, cutout for rack bar, extra surrounding bar, and flip-down platform.
The size of this Dog carrier from Pickkola International is the ideal product for small dogs and puppies. This dog carrier is specially designed for dogs and pets who are easily excited and are rarely found to stay in a particular spot for a long duration.
This carrier is compact in design and appears much covered from all sides except the front.
But the carrier is ventilated enough to allow the pet to enjoy the view of trails without discomfort. The carrier from Pickkola is very light in weight and can be cleaned in just a few minutes.
This dog carrier is approved by IATA and has been highly praised all across the globe by ATV riders. The other best features of this dog carrier are as follows:
- Extremely easy to assemble before it gets used on the ATV for trail riding with your lovely pet.
- Super-quality polypropylene is used in manufacturing this dog-friendly carrier from Pickkola.
- The carrier has a strong carrying handle, making transportation trouble-free.
- The wired door present in the front of the carrier lets you always have a check on your pal and even lets the dog have access to the natural beauty in the trails.
- Do not get the wrong idea that the pet would feel boxed or overheated; Pickkola company has provided attention to these factors and made the carrier accordingly.
- It has been noted that the dogs feel secure in this carrier and enjoy privacy most of the time.
AVC Brand Soft Fabric Pet Carrier
If you are looking for a pet carrier with high flexibility and extremely lightweight, this Fabric Pet Carrier from AVC brand is the perfect fit. The product is available on Amazon and has really good reviews and authentic stars.
The prime features of this dog carrier are as follows:
- The carrier is primely built from fabric curtains that can be easily rolled up. The fabric quality is amazing and lets your dog feel a high level of comfort in it.
- A tubular frame made from steel forms the basic structure of the AVC brand dog carrier and makes the structure firm.
- For sitting and lying comfort of your dog, a faux sheepskin bed is provided free with this carrier. The bed also has zippers so it can be detached from the carrier for washing and cleaning.
- The corners are reinforced in the AVC brand dog carrier and are very easy to carry around while your dog comfortably sits inside.
- Exceedingly easy to use and set up this ATV dog carrier from AVC brand.
- The weight of this carrier can barely be felt, reducing the total weight when you have to carry your pet for small distances.
- The product comes along with a fabric handle that lets you carry it around conveniently without slipping from the hands.
The other ATV dog carriers, which you can also consider, are Karlie Transport Box for carrying dogs and the other one is FHV brand ATV dog carrier for Bicycle and ATVs.
There will be many dog carriers that you would come across over the internet and even in pet stores. But always remember the factors and procedures mentioned here for buying your dog carrier and starting your ATV journey together. Always make sure to carry and measure your dog before you buy an ATV dog carrier.