How Long Do ATVs Last? Average ATV Lifespan
It is always good to contemplate life determinants while buying new or used ATVs. You will never put money on ATV, musing about how long the ATV will last.
How Many Miles Will An ATV Last
Generally speaking, ATVs and UTVs last until you hit the 10,000-mile mark. Beyond 10,000 miles, UTVs and AYV life gets weakened and require more maintenance.
What Is The Average Life Span Of ATV?
ATVs’ average lifespan could be around 20 years if quads are well maintained.
Any ATV running over 1000 hours are still running like new since they have maintained these bikes regularly.
Occasionally, most automobiles start giving problems once you hit the 10,000-mile mark. Of course, with little tips, this life can be increased out of this beautiful vehicle.
Since there are various ATV manufacturers with separate service agreements, you should always think of finding a cost-effective way to fix your quad.
The ATV value in the olden days was determined by how many miles the ATVs ran. But now everyone looks at how the automobile is maintained.
Similar to other vehicle maintenance, If you are more cautious with your ATVs service and spares and take regular care, then the machine will run for a more extended period.
For newly purchased ATVs, it is always challenging to predict the number of years the ATV will last.
It will also depend on the driving conditions and how ATVs have ridden. If ATVs are ridden frequently in Off roads, then there are sure chances that the life span of ATVs is not that long.
On the contrary, if the ride is in everyday ways, you can expect the life expectancy of the quad to increase drastically.
More importantly, it also will depend on how it is maintained.
ATVs well maintained over the last ten years without any significant mechanical problems can further go down and last for another ten years, which can make the right choice while buying second-hand ATVs.
Can the ATVs run for more than ten years?
Few ATVs manufactured by corporations like Suzuki and Honda in the 1980s still work in excellent condition. They have been regularly oiled, greased, and well-maintained.
The engines built by Suzuki and Honda were undoubtedly reliable and promised to make them last as long as they were maintained.
Today few quads like Suzuki 450 or King Quads 300 still are forerunners regarding the sheer power and thrill they provide while riding these ATVs.
Other good brands that have shown the strength to run for long are Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Rhino, and Honda Rincon.
In today’s time, any ATV will quickly die off if ridden hard and not maintained.
Numerous Chinese manufacturers have also grown in the ATV sector, where the ATV comes at a very lower price than its counterparts.
These ATV manufacturers cannot always be trusted as they might have built these machines with cheaper parts, and in the future, it becomes difficult to source the spares.
The average lifespan for these ATVs is not more than 6-7 years. Hence, as mentioned above, ATVs will not last long if they are not maintained.
10 Tips For ATV Maintenance
It’s always good to get these quads serviced professionally every quarter. You should also try to do essential maintenance of the ATV regularly by yourself.
- The significant damage to ATVs is due to the dust and dirt that gets into the engine. Hence these quads need to be adequately cleaned regularly.
- In addition, the air filter and oil filter of ATV need to change at regular intervals.
- Before the vehicle rode in specks of dirt or mud areas, you need to apply grease so that the mud cannot stick to the quads.
- Cleaning of chains and brakes needs to happen to your quads since Mud always sticks to strings and brakes.
- Another vital tip to smoothly run your quads is changing the oils regularly.
- It would help if you greased zerks on the suspension to provide enough lubrication to the bushings. If this mushing is not lubricated, it will likely get torn off.
- You should evermore dry your bike are igniting the engine.
- To avoid damage to the seals, jet-wash should be avoided.
- Major maintenance for electricals is to check the corrosion on electric terminals regularly. It would be best to look for wires’ wear and tear.
- Parking your ATV under the hood, shade, or garage is also a great tip to maintain durability. If all these quads cannot find their space, they must be at least covered with ATV covers. A great ATV cover can be Badass Moto Ultimate ATV Cover found here on Amazon. A heavy waterproof cover will have vents and zippers.
By merely adhering to the above rules, you can always increase the life span of your ATVs. Moreover, if maintained properly, these ATVs can quickly be sold in the second-hand market at an excellent price.